Business Office

  The Business Office is responsible for providing general accounting services to the University. This office processes all payments, provides accounting reports to departments via GUS Cloud, and audits transactions for compliance with applicable University, Foundation, State, Federal, and other policies and procedures. Travel reimbursements are also processed through the Business Office where personnel are available to assist you with your travel related questions. This office also provides grant accounting, issues invoices for grant reimbursement, and submits reports to federal agencies on grant expenditures.

Business Office News and Reminders


Check out our new Account Code Guide for assistance with determining the best account codes to use for expense transactions and transfers!


Please remember to place the Pay Vendor Information Form behind the supplier invoice when submitting invoices to


Policies and Procedures

  • Accounts Payable
  • Travel
  • GUS Cloud Training Materials
  • Student Organizations

Visit the Accounts Payable page to view policies and procedures related to mobile devices, employee clothing, memberships, registrations, official hospitality, and employee moving expenses.

Download the Travel Handbook to see important travel related policies and procedures such as travel authorization, meal allowance rates, rental cars, mileage reimbursement, and cash advances.

To view Job Aids for GUS Cloud, click here.

Visit the Student Organizations page to see information related to expending and depositing funds for on-campus student accounts.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I pay an invoice to an external supplier?
  • How do I reimburse a student for business expenses?
  • How do I get reimbursed for business expenses?
  • I've already provided my banking information to HRS. Can the Business Office use that information for expense reimbursements?
  • Am I required to get travel authorization prior to taking a business trip?
  • Can I be reimbursed for tips to porters, bellhops, doormen or housekeeping staff?
  • Do Continental Breakfasts count as a provided meal when calculating M&IE reimbursements?
  • Can I be reimbursed for meal expenses incurred during single day travel?
The preferred method of payment for invoices is the PSU Procurement Card.  In some instances suppliers do not accept credit card payments.  In those cases, you can submit an invoice for payment by check to with the necessary backup documentation an Pay Vendor Information Form, which can be found on the Accounts Payable website.
Payments to student employees for the reimbursement of valid business expenses are processed in the same manner as payments to external suppliers.  Submit copies of receipts along with a Pay Vendor Information Form to
Reimbursements to employees are processed in GUS Cloud via the expenses module.  You or a delegate should submit an expense report with all necessary documentation and backup.  Per IRS requirements, requests for reimbursement must be submitted no later than 60 days after incurring the expense.
No, the State of Kansas requires employees to be set up as vendors in the state vendor file separate from any payroll transactions.  To be reimbursed for expenses, you must complete a W-9 and a Direct Deposit Form (DA-184) which can be found on the Purchasing Office website.

Authorization for travel is required for those trips exceeding $1,000 in total estimated expenses.  A Travel Request Form should be completed and sent to the Business Office with the appropriate signatures.  The Business Office will assign a T-Form number and return a copy of the form to the department contact person.  This T-Form number must be included with all expenditures associated with the trip.

Travel Request Forms may be completed for trips up to $1,000 at the discretion of the department.  However, only those exceeding $1,000 should be submitted to the Business Office.

Note that if actual expenditures exceed the approved T-Form total estimate by more than 10%, an amended Travel Request Form must be submitted to the Business Office.

No, tips to hotel porters, bellhops, doormen or housekeeping staff are included in the incidental portion of the Meals & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) rate.
Light continental breakfasts are not considered to be a provided meal.  It is the responsibility of the PSU Department to determine if the Continental Breakfast was an actual meal.  As a general rule bagels, donuts, and coffee would not be considered a meal, but if some type of protein is served it is considered a meal.
Yes, in some cases you may be reimbursed for a meal during single day travel.  The travel period must extend at least three hours beyond your normal work schedule.  It is the PSU Department's decision on which meal to reimburse, however the meal must be appropriate for the hours traveled.  For example, an employee who leaves at 6:30 AM and returns at 6:30 PM and their regular scheduled workday is 8-5, the employee could be reimbursed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner at the appropriate M&IE rate.  However, if that same employee traveled from 4:00 AM to 4:00 PM, dinner may not be an appropriate meal to reimburse.  See this link for more information regarding single day trips.

Business Office Forms and Resources

All forms should be submitted directly to the Business Office with the exception of the Budget Adjustments Form, which should be submitted to the Budget Office.  Please feel free to contact the Business Office at 620-235-4157 with any questions.

Contact us

Meghan Baker
Meghan Baker

Phone: (620) 235-4168

Contact Meghan Baker

Christina Davis
Christina Davis
Accountant I

Phone: (620) 235-4159

Contact Christina Davis

Justin Edge
Justin Edge
Assistant Controller for Business Services

Phone: (620) 235-4150

Contact Justin Edge

Rachel Johnson
Rachel Johnson

Phone: (620) 235-4152

Contact Rachel Johnson

Michelle Morsette

Phone: (620) 235-4151

Contact Michelle Morsette

Joslyn Olsson
Joslyn Olsson
Assistant Controller for Financial Reporting

Phone: (620) 235-4448

Contact Joslyn Olsson