When you accept the offer of financial aid specified in your online Financial Aid Offer, you agree to accept and fulfill all of the following responsibilities, including the terms and conditions set by the federal regulations for financial aid.



Additional Assistance

  1. If you receive additional funds not listed on your online Financial Aid Offer (scholarships, departmental awards, sponsorships, etc.), report them immediately to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA), in writing, even if the office making the offer will advise us directly. You will receive a notification of a Revised Financial Aid Offer if there is any change to your financial aid eligibility because of the additional assistance; your offered awards may be adjusted or reduced, even if your financial aid has already been disbursed to you.
  2. Please note that students enrolled at more than one institution may NOT receive financial aid from both institutions.


Previously Received Title IV Aid

You must not be in default on any federal educational loans, or owe any refunds on federal grants received at any post-secondary institutions.


Use of Funds

  1. You may use funds listed on your online Financial Aid Offer only for educationally related expenses incurred at Pittsburg State University for the respective academic year.
  2. The University applies your offers directly to charges on your University Student Account (including tuition, fees, housing, and other charges).  Funds in excess of these charges will be released to you through your PSU Student Account by providing a routing number for funds to be directly deposited to your bank account or have a check sent to your mailing address that is on file with the university . 
  3. Financial aid awarded for a specific term can only be disbursed to you/your account during that same term.


Enrollment Requirements

Your financial aid is based upon enrollment projected as indicated on your online Financial Aid Offer.  Adjustments to enrollment projected can be made prior to disbursement, through your online Financial Aid Offer.  If you enroll less than full-time, aid will be prorated based on your level of enrollment.  Courses for which you are wait-listed do not count when determining your level of enrollment.  After disbursement, please note that enrollment changes may affect your future aid eligibility and your Satisfactory Academic Progress. Prior to dropping coursework, you may want to inquire at OSFA to see how your future semester may be affected.

Please note: Federal Pell Grant recipients who change enrollment during the first week of class may have an adjustment to their Pell grant award amount.


Reducing enrollment levels

The OSFA monitors enrollment levels (number of credit hours taken) each term.  If you drop courses and fall below the minimum credit hour requirements, you may be required to repay all or a part of the aid you received.  If you consider dropping a class, it is important to discuss your situation fully with a financial aid officer prior to doing so.


Withdrawal from the University

If you withdraw or are asked to withdraw from the University, you must inform the OSFA immediately. Depending on when you withdraw, you may be required to repay all or part of the aid you received (see Refund and Repayment Policies). If you received a federal student loan, you will be sent information on completing loan "exit" counseling.


Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the term used to denote a student's successful completion of coursework toward a certificate or degree.  Federal regulations require the OSFA to monitor the progress of each student toward certificate/degree completion.  Students who fall behind in their coursework or fail to achieve minimum standards for grade point average and completion of classes, may lose their eligibility for all types of federal and state aid, and university aid administered by the OSFA.  (More Satisfactory Academic Progress Information)