The Office of Student Diversity's mission is to cultivate a culture of respect, awareness and understanding among PSU students, faculty and staff, celebrating diversity on campus and in the community. The OSD facilitates this mission through the following objectives:
* Diversity Seminars and Workshops: These events are programs sponsored by the OSD geared towards broadening the horizon of students, faculty, and staff on issues regarding diversity and multiculturalism.
* Support Structure for Student Organizations: The OSD provides support services for the Black Student Association (BSA), Hispanics of Today (HOT), and Native American Student Association (NASA). The OSD assists as needed with the planning of events and programs throughout the academic year.
* Celebration of Nationally Recognized Heritage Months: The OSD participates alongside the entire national community in the celebration of cultural heritage months including but not limited to African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American, and Native-American months. The OSD also supports many other diversity initiatives such as National Women's Rights Month and National Disability Awareness Month.
* Participation in Diversity and Multicultural Conferences: Designated ambassadors of the OSD attend various workshops and conferences throughout the academic year. These events are used to stay abreast of up-to-date issues in diversity, providing our ambassadors with the tools and resources necessary to consistently achieve the OSD mission at PSU.
* Student Advisement Programs: The OSD strives to ease the student's transition to PSU by sponsoring events and providing services with the intent of building relationships with students. These events aid in bridging the gap between recruitment and retention activities. The OSD also sponsors several leadership programs for students, developing leadership skills and capabilities.
* Access to Educational and Developmental Resources: The OSD maintains the Multicultural Resource Center (MRC). The MRC is a hub for diversity at PSU servicing students, faculty, and staff with a comprehensive library of books, magazines, and videos regarding issues in diversity and multiculturalism. The MRC also houses a computer-lab with FREE PRINTING.