Master of Engineering Technology
The Master of Engineering Technology degree is intended to be a terminal professional degree. This graduate program is a professional multi-disciplinary team and project-oriented approach to graduate education. It meets the need of graduate students who want to expand their knowledge in advanced engineering technology courses. It also provides the flexibility for the graduate student to expand their knowledge in a specific technical specialty or in a research option with thesis.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) for the Master of Engineering Technology Program are to produce graduates who will:
- be sought after for leadership or decision making positions.
- participate in continuing education or graduate studies.
- incorporate state-of-the-art-technology and new technology in their chosen profession.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate an ability to apply multidisciplinary knowledge, and modern tools to complex engineering technology activities.
- Students demonstrate an ability to apply advanced mathematics, science and engineering technology to business and engineering technology problems as required.
- Students demonstrate an ability to design, conduct studies and simulations and apply results to general advanced business and engineering technology problems consistent with program objectives.
- Students demonstrate an ability to provide project leadership, apply management skills, and support complex decision making.
- Students demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in both technical and general business setting.
- Students demonstrate understanding of environmental, social and ethical issues in a world wide business setting.
Degree Concentration Available in the Following Areas:
For more information, please email the Department of Engineering Technology or call 620-235-4350.
Application of Graduate Assistantship
If you are interested in becoming a Graduate Assistant for the Engineering Technology department, please fill out the form and return to the Engineering Technology department office, W215 Kansas Technology Center.
Graduate Assistantship Form - PDF
Graduate Assistantship Form - Word