The PSU Gorilla Card is the official photo ID card for Pittsburg State University. All students, staff, and faculty will need this card whenever asked to present university identification. You are able to open a university account, called Banana Bucks, through the Gorilla Card Office located inside the Overman Student Center. Funds in your Banana Bucks account may be used to purchase a range of services. The card may be used all over campus. To see a list where you can use the card, click here.
All students, staff, and faculty will have a Gorilla Card made with their photograph and ID number. To receive your card, just stop by the Gorilla Card Office between 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Bring your driver's license or other valid form of identification. There is no cost for your first PSU Gorilla Card.
Conveniently manage your Banana Bucks account from your home. Just click on the Gorilla Card Online logo.
Gorilla Card Online features:
- Login with your GUS PIN.
- Review your current balance and transaction history for your Banana Bucks and housing meal plan accounts.
- Make deposits to your Banana Bucks account. Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are accepted.
- Deactivate your Gorilla Card if lost or stolen and Reactivate your card if found.
- Guest Deposits: Your family and friends can make deposits into your Banana Bucks Account.
Use the 9-digit Pitt State ID Number on your Gorilla Card to login to your Gorilla Card Online account. Your 9-digit ID Number is the same ID Number you use for GUS, just add two or three zeros to the front to make 9 digits. Example: If you use "0123456" for your GUS Login ID, your 9-digit ID Number would be "000123456". You will use the same password you use for GUS.
Important news for your parents, family and friends. Deposits can be made to your Banana Bucks account without a login using the Guest Deposit feature. The 9-digit PSU ID Number for the account and a valid credit card is all that is required. Please keep in mind, Banana Bucks can be used on-campus only and is different than your account with Commerce Bank, which can be used both on- and off-campus.
SGA Merchant Discount List
Your financial assistance and other PSU refunds will be deposited directly to your Gorilla Checking Account with Commerce Bank. You may access your funds by:
- ATM withdrawal using your Gorilla Card & PIN
- Making purchases using your Gorilla Card anywhere that accepts PIN transactions
- Withdrawal from any Commerce Bank branch including four Pittsburg locations
For questions concerning web issues, contact Jeff Schooley, Gorilla Geeks, at 620-235-6166 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.