The Pittsburg State University Research Colloquium, held April 16-20, 2012 included 50 graduate and undergraduate students with a total of 35 presentations regarding research being conducted on campus. Research projects included independent research conducted by students as well as research conducted in collaboration with faculty at Pittsburg State University and other universities.
Prizes were given for first place winners in each category.
Pictured left: Josh Wormington and Sierra Foster, biology, present their findings during the Research Colloquium Poster Session.
2012 RESEARCH COLLOQUIUM
Graduate Oral Presentation Winners:
- 1st Place - William Hoyt, History, Philosophy and Social Sciences
- 2nd Place - Katie Heer, Engineering Biology
- 3rd Place - Whitney Baldridge, Biology
Undergraduate Oral Presentation Winner:
- 1st Place - Matt Johnson, Economics, Finance and Banking
- 2nd Place - Brian Woods, Hilary Erbert & Brandon Mills, Communication
- 3rd Place - Kori Bower, Samie McCullough & Amanda Tompkins, Social Work
Graduate Poster Winners
- 1st Place - Guannan Xiao, Biology
- 2nd Place - Thomas Rush, Engineering Technology
Undergraduate Poster Winners
- 1st Place - Sierra Foster & Josh Wormington, Biology
- 2nd Place - Sean McCartney, Construction Engineering Technology
- 3rd Place - Carly Twarog & Boya Abudu, Biology
- 3rd Place - Christopher Nusbaum, Chemistry
2012 DISTINGUISHED THESIS
- Research: Craig J. Corpstein, Biology