The Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation offers a Master of Science degree. Within the program, students will select from three different emphasis areas, listed below. This program is designed to prepare students for careers in the field of sports, physical education, wellness and recreation. Students selecting the Human Performance and Wellness or Sport and Leisure Service Management emphases will be required to complete an internship as part of their degree program.
Emphasis areas include:
- Human Performance and Wellness
- Sports and Leisure Service Management
Options available for the degree include:
- Option I: Thesis
- This option is designed to prepare students for a doctoral program, for advanced professional careers, or for students wanting to complete an in-depth research experience.
- Option III: Course Work
- This option requires completion of course work that demonstrates evidence of advanced course work in an area of concentration. Departments will require evidence of competency through activities such as research papers, portfolios, practice, internships, comprehensive exams or other individual work. Students should check with their major department for specific requirements for the coursework.
- 20 hours related undergraduate credit
- Interview with program coordinator
- Statement of educational goals and objectives
- Two letters of reference