This information is for Graduate Student Admission. Undergraduates please click here
Before you begin, you must have an email address so that we can notify you of the status of your application. If you do not have an email address you can obtain a free account at www.hotmail.com
- Complete your application for admission. A non-refundable fee of $35 for domestic applicants or $60 for international applicants can be paid by check, money order or credit card. Payment by bank draft will not be accepted. Non-Degree seeking students are exempt from paying the application fee.
Application (PDF) | Application (Online) | International Application (PDF)
International Application (Online)
- In addition to the application, send the following to:
Continuing and Graduate Studies
112 Russ Hall
Pittsburg State University
1701 S. Broadway
Pittsburg, KS 66762-7559
- Official Transcript with your bachelor's degree posted**
- Statement of Intent
Students must submit an official transcript from each institution attended. Transcripts are considered official only if they are received directly from the institution in a sealed envelope.
**Students that have not yet obtained their bachelor's degree are eligible to start the application process with a copy of their transcripts, however, the Application for Admission will not be complete until all official transcripts are on file and the application fee is paid.
- In 3-5 business days you will be notified that your application was received. You will be given the name of a contact person in the Office of Graduate Studies and you will receive a Student ID Number and a GUS Login Key that will let you obtain a GUS PIN. What is GUS? It is extremely important that you obtain your GUS PIN within 30 days in order to establish your connection to the Gorilla User System. GUS allows you to:
- View Status of Application
- Complete Class Enrollment (With your advisor)
- Complete Financial Aid Forms
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- Access Graduation School Forms
- Access Grade Reports
- Review Degree Audit
- Request Transcript
- After approval you will receive a letter confirming your admission to PSU and an advisor will be assigned to you.
- To enroll in a course you must contact your advisor.
- To get started in your class work find your course in the Schedule of Classes then click on the link "Internet Courses". At the bottom of the page the are instructions "How to get started after enrollment".
- PSU uses the Angel Learning Management System for online education. Click on this link for important information about the Angel Learning Management System
Pay Tuition Fees
Fees for Summer Semester 2011 must be paid by June 7, 2011
Fees for Fall Semester 2011 must be paid by August 29, 2011
Fees for Spring Semester 2012 must be paid by January 19, 2012
Fees for Summer Semester 2012 must be paid by June 5, 2012
Verify your balance due by Logging in to GUS and selecting "Student Accounts" from the menu on the left then choose "Tuition and Fee Accounts Receivable"
- To view your Fee Statement
- Pay online with debit or credit card
- Or to pay by check mail to:
Cashiers and Student Accounts
Horace Mann Room 112
Pittsburg State University
1701 South Broadway
Pittsburg KS 66762-7536