Zimbra Collaborative Suite
Zimbra is a complete email, address book, calendar and tasks solution that can be accessed from the Zimbra Web Client and a variety of mobile devices. Zimbra provides end users with a feature-rich browser-based experience that enables them to seamlessly and securely connect to their personal clouds on any device or platform. Zimbra’s smarter mailbox helps manage information and activity across users’ email, briefcase, calendar, address book, and tasks applications. Zimbra offers anywhere access and syncs across multiple devices and smartphones (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry). This anywhere access and these productive features make Zimbra the choice for Pittsburg State University.
If you have any issues with Zimbra, contact the Gorilla Geeks Help Desk at 620-235-4600 (Extension 4600 internally.)
Zimbra News and Information
Zimbra Collaboration Suite - Upgrade -
During Spring Break - in the evening and overnight hours of March 19th - we will be performing a version upgrade on the Zimbra system. We will be moving from Zimbra version 7 to version 8. The new Zimbra 8 contains several feature enhancements and bug fixes. While the features are still familiar to experienced Zimbra users, the "look and feel" for Zimbra 8 is significantly improved and different-looking. We've arranged online tutorials and face-to-face training that outlines the differences and the new features.
Here is a sneak preview of some of the feature enhancements available with the new version:
- The search function now defaults to looking "everywhere". Searches can be limited to a particular folder if desired.
- Enhanced message composition - The compose window now contains more "word processor"-like functionality... including the ability to insert images into the message.
- Easier filter creation using the new "Activity Stream" feature.
- Delegate to Send As: “Users can set their account preferences to delegate authority to another user to send messages as if came from them (Send As) or send messages on behalf of the user. When a delegated user composes a message for the user, they select the user’s name in the From address drop-down menu.”
- When creating meetings and other calendar entries, conflicts are much easier to detect. Suggested resolutions for scheduling conflicts is also more intuitive.
- Much improved and more flexible printing options for the calendar.
- CHAT with other Zimbra users in real time
Zimbra Training Opportunities Sign up today!
Zimbra Video Tutorials Click Here!
(New tutorials being added regularly)
Zimbra Best Practices Click Here!
Zimbra FAQs Click Here!
Split Face Image For Signatures
If you have questions or need assistance please feel free to contact us.
Gorilla Geeks Help Desk
109 Whitesitt Hall
Hours when classes are in session
Mon - Thur 7:45am - 7:00pm
Fridays 7:45am - 4:30pm