FAFSA Online Assistance
The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) has a computer lab in room 101 Horace Mann, where staff will assist students who would like help completing their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. The student will need to bring with them the following documents in order to complete the FAFSA:
Fall 2013, Spring and Summer 2014
- Student's 2012 federal tax return (1040/1040A/1040EZ)
- Parent's 2012 federal tax return
- Parent's 2012 W-2's for all employers
- Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F and/or K for both parent and student
- Student's and spouse's (if married) 2012 federal tax returns
- 2012 W-2's for all employers (student and spouse, if married)
- Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F and/or K
Fall 2014, Spring and Summer 2015
- Student's 2013 federal tax return (1040/ 1040A/1040EZ)
- Parent's 2013 federal tax return
- Parent's 2013 W-2's for all employers
- Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F, and/or K for both parent and student
- Student's and spouse's (if married) 2013 federal tax returns
- 2013 W-2's for all employers ( student and spouse, if married)
- Schedules A, B, C, D, E, F, and/or K
In addition to the above documents, the student (and a parent, if a dependent student) will need to have a PIN to electronically sign the FAFSA. If you do not yet have a PIN, you (and your parent, if required) can apply for one online.
NOTE: The OSFA will not retain copies of the student's and parent's tax information used during the online application process. However, you may be requested to submit those documents to our office at a later date if your FAFSA is selected for verification by the Department of Education. We would like to request the student keep all information readily available to them until an Award Letter is received. Beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year, the Department of Education is requiring that schools request a tax transcript in place of the tax return. We recommend requesting the tax transcript at your earliest convenience so that it is available in the event that it is requested. To request a tax transcript, you will need to call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946 and follow the instructions until given the option to select "Tax Return Transcript".
Please ensure that a valid e-mail address is listed in the GUS system, as we will contact the student via e-mail if he/she needs to submit documents and/or other information as a result of being selected for verification.
OSFA Lab Hours
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
101 Horace Mann