Benjamin O. Tayo Curriculum Vitae
September 2012: Ph.D. in Physics, Lehigh University (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA) with Prof. Slava V. Rotkin
July 2007: M.Sc. in Physics, ICTP & University of Trieste (Trieste, Italy) with Prof. Sandro Sorella
August 2004: B.Sc. in Physics and Computer Science, University of Buea (Buea, Cameroon)
August 2013 - present: Assistant Professor of Physics, Pittsburg State University (Pittsburg, Kansas)
May 2013 – June 2013: Physics Instructor, Lehigh University
January 2013 - June 2013: Lecturer, PHY 201: Introductory Physics Lab, Lehigh Carbon Community College (LCCC)
January 2013 - May 2013: Grader/Teaching Assistant for Computational Physics (PHY380) and Engineering Electromagnetics (ECE203), Lehigh University
September 2012 – February 2013: Visiting Research Scientist / Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Lehigh University
Awards & Honors Received
Sherman-Fairchild Fellowship for Solid State Studies (2008 - 2010), Lehigh University
College of Arts and Science Travel Grant to APS March Meeting, 2010, Lehigh University
Lehigh University Forum Student Research Grant, 2009, Lehigh University
Lehigh University Research Assistantship (2008 - 2012), Lehigh University
Lehigh University Teaching Assistantship (2007- 2008), Lehigh University
ICTP-TRIL Fellowship, Training and Research in Italian Laboratories (TRIL), International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), UNESCO, IAEA (2005 - 2007), ICTP-University of Trieste
2008 – Present: National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP)
2008 – Present: American Physical Society (APS)
Refereed Journal Publications
1. B. O. Tayo and S. Sorella, “Exact Jastrow-Slater wave function for the one-dimensional Luttinger model”, Phys. Rev. B 78, 115117 (2008).
2. B. O. Tayo and Slava V. Rotkin, “Charge impurity as a localization center for singlet excitons in single-walled nanotubes”, Phys. Rev. B 86, 125431 (2012).
3. C. K. Tan, B. O. Tayo, J. Zhang, X. H. Li, G. Y. Liu, and N. Tansu, “First-Principle Electronic Properties of GaN1-xAsx Alloy for Visible Light Applications”, Journal of Display Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 272-279, April 2013.
4. C. K. Tan, B. O. Tayo, J. Zhang, G. Y. Liu, and N. Tansu, “First-Principle Natural Band Alignment of Dilute-As GaNAs Alloy”, Journal of Applied Physics (submitted).
1. B. O. Tayo and Slava V. Rotkin, “Excitons in DNA-wrapped single-walled nanotubes,” 2009 Joint Annual Conference of the National Society of Black Physicists and the National Society of Hispanic Physicists, Nashville, TN (USA).
2. B. O. Tayo and Slava V. Rotkin, “Effect of Helical Perturbation on Exciton Binding Energy in Semiconducting Carbon Nanotubes,” 2009 APS March Meeting, Pittsburg, PA (USA).
3. B. O. Tayo and Slava V. Rotkin, “Coulomb Effects in DNA-functionalized Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes,” 2010 APS March meeting, Portland, OR (USA).
4. B. O. Tayo and Slava V. Rotkin, “Exciton dynamics for single-walled carbon nanotubes in the presence of a single ion,” 2011 APS March Meeting, Dallas, TX (USA).
5. C. K. Tan, B. O. Tayo, J. Zhang, G. Y. Liu, and N. Tansu, “Effect of Interband Energy Separation on the Interband Auger Processes in III-Nitride Semiconductors,” Proc. of the SPIE Photonics West 2013, San Francisco, CA, January 2013.