Contact Person: Jon Bartlow, Associate Director of Admission, 620-235-4251 or (800) 854-PITT (7488), 620-235-6003 (FAX
Pitt C.A.R.E.S. (Campus Advisement, Registration, and Enrollment Services) extends a warm welcome to you and your family! Pitt C.A.R.E.S. is designed to assist you with your transition to Pittsburg State University. During Pitt C.A.R.E.S. you will gain valuable insights about college life through small-group activities, meet with an academic advisor to plan your fall semester and complete university enrollment procedures.
All 2013 high school graduates planning to enroll for the Fall 2013 semester are REQUIRED to attend Pitt C.A.R.E.S. This includes Fort Scott Qualified Admission Students and PSU two-year Associates Degree students. However, please note: Students admitted to one of the two-year certificate programs are NOT required to attend a Pitt C.A.R.E.S. program.
The Pitt C.A.R.E.S. dates for summer 2013 are:
June 3 (CLOSED)
June 5 (CLOSED)
June 12 (CLOSED)
June 14 (CLOSED)
June 17 (CLOSED)
June 19 (CLOSED)
June 21 (CLOSED)
ADMITTED STUDENTS WILL RECEIVE A POSTCARD WITH REGISTRATION INFORMATION THE BEGINNING OF APRIL.
Your CARES registration will not be complete until payment is received. Once your CARES fee is received and your registration is processed, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address on file from your admission application.
By attending Pitt C.A.R.E.S. you will:
• Meet other members of your incoming class
• Meet current PSU students
• Receive your student ID Gorilla Card
• Feel better prepared to start PSU in the fall
• Be better informed about campus services
Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. on the second floor of the Overman Student Center
Program activities are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
• Pitt C.A.R.E.S. program costs are $30 per student and $15 per parent/guest. There is no charge for siblings/guests under the age of 18.
• Advanced payment is required. Online payment via credit card is recommended. Your date will not be reserved until payment is received.
• If you do not plan to pay online, you may print the registration form and mail it in with a check. Your date will not be reserved until we receive payment.
• Do not send cash.
• <b>Fees are non-refundable.</b>
Pitt C.A.R.E.S. is informal!
Be sure to wear comfortable clothing and shoes. In addition, on the day of Pitt C.A.R.E.S. remember to:
• Bring a photo ID so you may get your Gorilla Card
• Check to make sure you are admitted to PSU
• Have already submitted your housing contract,
or have an Exemption Form on file with University Housing
• Have already sent transcripts for any community college course credit you may have earned while in high school
On the day of the event, visitors are encouraged to park in the Brown Parking lots or Visitors spots located throughout campus. Relatively few visitors spots are located to the east, west, and north of the Overman Student Center. Brown parking spaces are located to the east of the Axe library and football stadium, as well as to the north of Grubbs Hall. No parking permits are required on the days of Pitt C.A.R.E.S. Click on this map of campus for a clearer view of parking locations: http://www.pittstate.edu/about/maps/campus-map.dot
If you will require accommodation for specific learning and/or physical challenges, please write a brief explanation in the comments section of your registration so that we may contact you to make necessary preparations. This information is voluntary and will be treated with utmost confidentiality. We will, however, forward your name to the campus Affirmative Action Office and/or the Learning Disabilities Assistance Program so that these offices can begin preparations to assist you in the fall semester.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 1-800-854-PITT (7488) if you have questions concerning the Pitt C.A.R.E.S. program.