Admission Information for
At Pitt State we welcome hundreds of new transfer students a year and are excited that you are considering continuing your education with us! Your transition to Pitt State is an important one and we are here to help. Admission to Pittsburg State University is easy.
Visiting campus is one of the most helpful ways to get to know Pitt State. In addition to a campus tour and a visit with an Admission Representative, you will have an opportunity to meet with a faculty member in your academic area of interest.
- Visit campus. It’s one of the best ways to get to know Pitt State.
- Find out how your credits will transfer. Check out the Transfer Equivalency Guides or have official transcripts from previously attended institutions sent to us and we will provide an evaluation for you. It's that easy!
- Review the Admission Checklist.
- Submit Application for Admission. The earlier you do, the better we can provide you with information on early enrollment, housing options and all other things that will make your transition complete.
Transfer Admission Requirements
- You are considered a transfer student if you have completed at least 24 credit hours of college-level course work after high school graduation.
- If you have less than 24 college credits, you may be required to submit additional information including a final high school transcript and American College Test (ACT) scores before you are admitted.
- Transfer students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students with fewer than 24 college credits will need to meet freshmen admission requirements.
- Some degree programs may require a higher GPA for admission. For detailed information about a specific degree program, please contact the respective department.
- Schedule a campus visit. Campus visits are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Simply schedule online or call 1-800-854-PITT (7488). Special visit days for transfer students are also available.
- Submit the Application for Admission and Scholarships online and pay the $30 application fee. The Pitt State scholarship application priority deadline is February 1st.
- Have transcripts from all previously attended institutions sent directly to Pitt State. Once transcripts are received by Pitt State, they will be analyzed by the Registrar's Office and an evaluation will be sent to you by email. We recommend sending transcripts at least one semester prior to your first semester of attendance.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online starting in October.
- Investigate housing options early in your transition. If you plan to live on-campus, contact University Housing at 800-854-PITT (7488) for housing contract procedures.
- Watch for information on Pitt C.A.R.E.S for Transfers to participate in early enrollment. Registration information will be sent to students entering PSU in the summer/fall and in October for those students entering in the spring. During Pitt C.A.R.E.S. consider enrolling in Transitions (UGS 101), a class designed especially for you!
- September - Now is the time to start applying for admission and scholarships. Financial aid cannot be processed without your application for admission on file. Apply for admission and scholarships
- October 1st - Applying for financial aid? Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by this date for priority consideration. Apply online anytime after January 1st.
- October - Interested in living on campus? Housing Information. Find detailed information on University Housing website
- November - Plan to attend Pitt C.A.R.E.S. for Transfers if you will be enrolling for the Spring semester. During Pitt C.A.R.E.S. transfer students participate in early enrollment.
- February 1st - If you plan to apply for Pitt State scholarships, your Application for Admission and Scholarships must be received by this date for priority consideration. It is important that all transcripts are received by this date as well.
- April – Plan to attend Pitt C.A.R.E.S. for Transfers if you will be enrolling for the Fall semester. During Pitt C.A.R.E.S. transfer students participate in early enrollment. Register for Pitt C.A.R.E.S.