Admission Information for
Incoming Freshmen Students
If you are, or soon will be, a high school graduate and have not yet enrolled in college this page is for you. Admission to Pittsburg State University is easy.
Continuing your education is an important investment in your future and we are excited that you are considering Pitt State! Our friendly atmosphere and nationally recognized academic programs make Pitt State a great place for your future to begin.
You have a lot of decisions in front of you and Pitt State wants to make it as easy as possible.
We’re excited that you’re considering Pittsburg State, where we make it easy for students to apply for freshman admission. This is available for you if:
- You have graduated or will soon graduate from high school or receive a GED and
- You have not enrolled in another college or university after graduating from high school or earning a GED.
Students graduating from an accredited high school must meet one of the following:
- ACT composite score of 21 or higher OR
- Rank in the top 1/3 of high school graduating class OR
- Complete the pre-college curriculum with at least a 2.0 GPA (2.5 non-residents) on a 4.0 scale* OR
- Twenty-four or more transferable college credit hours with at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- see the details
- Schedule a campus visit
Campus visits are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Simply call 1-800-854-PITT (7488). We also offer specialized visit events throughout the year.
- Submit the Application for Admission and Scholarships online and pay the $30 application fee. The PSU scholarship application priority deadline is February 1st.
- Register for the ACT and have your scores sent to PSU (our school code is 1449). Remember, taking the ACT twice may increase your score and improve your scholarship opportunities.
- Have your high school transcript mailed or faxed (620-235-6003) to Pitt State anytime after your junior year. Applications for scholarships will not be considered unless a partial transcript is on file by February 1. A final official high school transcript showing graduation date will be needed to complete your admission file.
- If you have taken college coursework, have your college or university transcripts mailed directly to Pitt State.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible.
- Complete the online University Housing contract in February.
- Watch for information on Pitt C.A.R.E.S (orientation and enrollment for new students). The registration will be sent in April to Freshmen who have been admitted to PSU.
- September/October – Now is the time to start applying for admission and scholarships.
Financial aid can not be processed without your application for admission on file.
Apply for admission and scholarships
- February 1st – If you plan to apply for PSU scholarships, your Application for Admission and Scholarships must be received by this date for priority consideration. It is important that all transcripts are received by this date as well.
- February: Students who have applied for admission receive University Housing contract information in early February.
Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- March 1st – Applying for financial aid? Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by this date for priority consideration.
Apply online to jump start processing!
- April – Register for Pitt State's freshmen orientation program called Pitt C.A.R.E.S. Registration brochures are mailed in April to students who have been admitted.
Dates are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Register for Pitt C.A.R.E.S.