#protect -->

Study in the USA at Pittsburg State

Bachelor's and master's programs

At Pittsburg State University we offer more than 200 bachelor's and master's programs, in a wide variety of disciplines. We invite you to explore the academics and study at beautiful campus in a community that is one of the most supportive in the nation.

Fully accredited University
40+ countries represented
17:1 students to faculty ratio
Friendly campus and town community

Russ Hall Exterior Spring Cherry Blossom Tree Pillars Oval

Beautiful campus

Pitt State's expansive campus is filled with stunning architecture, state-of-the-art technology and magnificent artwork. Here, you'll feel the history surround you as you enter stately buildings such as McCray, Porter and Russ Halls.

You'll also experience the brilliance of modern design and engineering in our Kansas Technology Center, Robert W. Plaster Center and Bicknell Family Center for the Arts. All connected by an easily accessible hike/bike trail surrounded by manicured landscaping, tranquil lake and open vistas.

Experience at Pitt State

  • Internships
  • Student Employment
  • Assistantships
  • Admission Steps - Undergraduate
  • Admission Steps - Graduate

All programs require or have an internship/practicum available as an elective. Students are encouraged to pursue internships by taking the initiative to secure one that meets their interests and needs.

We can assist with everything from choosing a major to negotiating a salary. Some of the services we offer include:

  • Major and Career Counseling
  • Resumes and Cover Letter Assistance
  • Student Employment
  • Jobs and Internship Search
  • Interview Preparation
  • Events

Pittsburg State University offers graduate assistantships in many departments and offices on campus. Teaching, administrative and research positions are available. 

As an added bonus, all full-time graduate assistants have the opportunity to purchase required student insurance at 25% of the cost. The University will pay the remaining 75%.

After applying, submit the following: 

  • Academic records / transcripts (and English translation)
  • TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score (not required for conditional admission)
  • Bank statement or financial guarantee
  • Statement of financial support
  • Copy of passport
Student faces

Campus Life

Explore. Discover. Participate.

The life at the campus of Pittsburg State is unique. We are just large enough where there are many, many opportunities for students to explore.

See for yourself



Abundant hands-on, leadership, and other opportunities inside and outside the classroom.


A springboard to a good career

First and foremost, Pitt State does an exceptional job of preparing students for satisfying careers.

  • Very high job placement rates
  • Starting salaries trend above national averages
  • High success in preparing students for further studies
  • Excellent relations with national companies