Share page: 

Club stages benefit V-Day performances

March 25, 2014 11:15AM

The PSU Women’s Studies Club, in collaboration with the Southeast Kansas Chapter of the National Organization for Women (SEK NOW), will present two performances of Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues” on March 28 and 29. Proceeds from the performances and accompanying silent auction will benefit Pittsburg’s Safehouse Crisis Center.

The first performance will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 28, in Pittsburg’s Lincoln Center. The second performance will be held at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 29, at the Bourbon Street Bar. Admission, paid at the door, is $10 for the general public and $5 for students.

The annual V-Day observance is part of a national campaign against violence against women and girls. The Safehouse Crisis Center (SCC) is a 501c3 non-profit agency serving the needs of more than 800 victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking in Southeast Kansas each year through shelter and advocacy services. The SCC has provided these services for 34 years.

Organizers said 90 percent of the proceeds from the benefit will go to Safehouse, with the remaining 10 percent going to the V-Day national Spotlight Campaign.

For more information, contact Megan Stoneberger at

©2014 Pittsburg State University