Events celebrate value of international education
November 11, 2010 8:05AM
Pittsburg State University will celebrate International Education Week with a wide variety of foods, music and cultural experiences beginning on Monday, Nov. 15. In addition to events that highlight the culture of several nations, Sodexo Campus Services is participating by offering a dish from a different country each day in the Overman Student Center's Gorilla Crossing.
Throughout the week, sessions are scheduled on study-abroad opportunities in various countries and musical and cultural demonstrations will be held in the U-Club in the student center.
Each day, students will staff tables in the student center with information about the International Student Association, study-abroad options, the international knowledge and experience certificate program and Pitt Pal.
International Education Week events include:
Monday, Nov. 15
- Indian Food - Gorilla Crossing
- Visiting scholars presentation, 3 p.m., Center for Teaching, Learning & Technology
- Study Abroad Info Session on Spain, 3 p.m., 121 Kelce
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- Brazilian Food - Gorilla Crossing
- Musical instrumental performance, noon, U-Club
- Summer Study Abroad Recreation Program, 3 p.m., 121 Kelce
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Malaysian Food - Gorilla Crossing
- International Fashion Show, noon, U-Club
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Sri Lankan Food - Gorilla Crossing
- Chinese Music & Taiwanese Dance, noon, U-Club
- Peace Corps Presentation, 1 p.m., Inaugural Room
- Study Abroad Info Session on Bolivia, 3 p.m., 121 Kelce
Friday, Nov. 19
- Russian Food - Gorrilla Crossing
- Presentation on the "Importance of International Education" by Dr. Lynette Olson , provost and vice president for academic affairs, 100 a.m., Inaugural Room.
- Chinese Musical Instrumental Performance, noon, U-Club
- Overview of PSU Study Abroad Opportunities, 3 p.m., 121 Kelce
- Taste and Sound of Nations, 5:30 p.m., Grubbs Hall (Tickets $1)
For information about International Education Week events or about international education at Pittsburg State University, call the International Programs and Services Office at 620-235-4607.
©2010 Pittsburg State University