You will fill out the Step 1 Application for Group Study Abroad. You will submit this to the Faculty Leader. The Faculty Leader will review the application and indicate any further steps to apply for his/her Group Study Abroad Program.
1. You will apply online through the STUDIO ABROAD application software. The application includes an essay, a cost estimate, a course credit transfer form, and two faculty references. Your application will be reviewed by the Study Abroad Committee. They will decide if you are a good candidate for participation in our exchange program with one of our sister universities abroad.
You may contact the sister university to assure that they will offer the courses you need for the semester or summer that you are applying to study abroad.
2. You will complete the application for the sister university that is required of prospective exchange students. This will usually require that PSU send a letter that states you have been approved to participate in the exchange program; therefore, this step will follow your application to the Study Abroad Committee.
3. Look in to visa requirements early on. Visas to some countries must be applied for in person at consulates that are in Chicago or New York.
1. Just as with our exchange universities, you will have to apply online through the STUDIO ABROAD application software. The application includes an essay, a cost estimate, a course credit transfer form, and two faculty references. If the program to which you intend to apply is not listed in Studio Abroad come talk to the study abroad advisor, who can add it. This will be reviewed by our Study Abroad Committee.
2. Usually at the same time or after you have been accepted into the study abroad program by the PSU Study Abroad Committee, you will apply to the affiliate program through their own online application system. You may be asked to fill in the same information twice - one for PSU and one for the affiliate organization. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but it can't be helped and we thank you for your patience.
You will follow the same steps as if you had chosen an affiliate program. However, you will not find your program in Studio Abroad, so your first step will be to make an appointment with the study abroad coordinator, who will add your program to Studio Abroad. You will hand in a Petition to Participate in a non-Suggested Program that explains why you have chosen a particular program, the details of the program (sponsor, time, academic standard, health and safety concerns, etc), and other information the Study Abroad Committee requires in order to have confidence the program is a good program. The Study Abroad Committee will review the petition and application.