Overview of Diversity Topics
Classroom: Activities, Journals & Syllabi
- Each semester in Educational Psychology, students are required to attend a "Diversity Event" of their choice sometime throughout the semester. They are then asked to submit a one page reaction to the event. This is a requirement of all of the Educational Psychology sections that are taught and is a College of Education requirement.
- In Introduction to Counseling, the week we cover the topic of "Multicultural Counseling" the students take a field trip to the Office of Student Diversity and hear a panel of students talk about their experiences. I've mentioned this to you before, but wanted to be sure to include it as well.
- Disability Syllabus (PDF)
- Multiculturalism and Diversity Syllabus (PDF)
- Principles of Justice Studies Syllabus (PDF)
Media: Music, Powerpoint, Video & Film
Video & Film
Print: Articles & Books
Eisenberg, Michael B., Doug Johnson, and Robert E. Berkowitz. The Definitive Big6 Workshop Handbook. 3rd. ed. Worthington, OH: Linworth, 1987.
Randall B. Lindsey, Raymond D. Terrell, Kikanza Nuri Robins. Cultural Proficiency (diversity)
- Diversity Introduction Video
- NASP website for cultural issues