Undergraduate International Admission
The following are required prior to completion of the application process:
Submit application for admission. You may apply using the on-line application (preferred) or print the PDF version.
- Undergraduate International Student Application (On-line)
- Pay the $50.00 (U.S.) non-refundable application fee
- For an additional cost of $45.00 we will Express Mail your I-20 should you be accepted
Submit the following documents:
- Official transcript(s) of your secondary and post-secondary school credits
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score results
- Financial statement of support with certified bank statement or a financial guarantee
- Copy of passport (if available)
- Should you be accepted and once you receive your I-20, you will need to pay the required SEVIS I-901 fee.
- OR if you are currently studying in the U.S. you will need to complete the SEVIS Transfer Form.
STEP 5 (Optional)
- Apply to Honors College scholarship program
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
A minimum CGPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in high school
- A minimum CGPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent IF you are transferring from another U.S. college with at least 24 credit hours (approximately one year of college work)
English Language Requirement:
In order to begin academic programs at Pittsburg State University, all International students must submit an official, passing TOEFL or IELTS score to the International Programs and Services Office. Students who do not submit such a score will be required to enroll in and complete PSU's Intensive English Program (IEP), prior to beginning any academic coursework. For more information about IEP, please visit: http://www.pittstate.edu/iep
|TOEFL:||TOEFL score of at least 520 (paper) or 190 (computer) or 68 (internet) is required. In addition, a minimum score of 15 is required in each section (internet). Some areas of study may require a higher TOEFL score. Check the university online catalog for more information. Institutional TOEFL scores are not accepted.|
Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum score of 5.5 in each band of the IELTS is required. If a lower score is earned in any of the five band scores, the overall score cannot be accepted. Some areas of study may require a higher IELTS score. Check the university online catalog for more information.
Applicants who can varify one of the following prior to enrollment are exempt from the TOEFL and IELTS requirements:
Graduated from an accredited high school in United States;
OR 24 transfer hours from an accredited post secondary institution in the United States that includes 3 hrs of English Composition equivalent to PSU English Composition 101 with a grade of C or better
How to submit your test score:
|TOEFL:||Contact ETS and request that your score be sent to PSU electronically. Our university code is 6336. You do not need to enter a departmental code. Please visit their site for more information: www.ets.org/toefl|
Contact IELTS and request that an official score sheet be sent to PSU. Please visit their site for more information: http://www.ielts.org/