International Knowledge and Experience Certificate
To earn this certificate, students must complete two out of three components:
- Academic Component - two semesters of the same foreign language and three courses in different disciplines with international focus - Earns official PSU transcript notation
- Study Abroad Component - any credit-bearing PSU approved study abroad experience
- Co-curricular Component - attending internationally focused events on campus and off, participating in international programs on campus
Volunteer, make an international friend for life
Visit the Pitt Pal website for more information or to sign up online
Pathway to a competitive Peace Corps application
- Students take various courses relevant to the Peace Corps program areas of education, environment, health, or business.
- Students choose enhancement activities such as relevant long term volunteer experiences, service learning abroad, internships, student teaching or practicum experiences
- Students begin their Peace Corps application in the fall of their senior year, and if accepted, may start their service in the Peace Corps soon after graduation.
For more information, visit our website or download the Peace Corps Prep Flyer
Series of internationally-focused leadership seminars
Instructs in topics regarding cultural awareness and promotes diversity appreciation while students collaborate with peers of different nationalities. Seminar topics include Intercultural Communication, Global Activism, Leadership Development, and Conflict Resolution and Negotiation. Additionally, students participate in a community service project.