Virtual private network (VPN) is a network that uses a public infrastructure, such as the Internet, to provide remote offices or individual users with secure access to the PSU network. The VPN client allows users to connect to the PSU network from off campus, or from the campus wireless network. This will allow users to use most campus computing resources as if sitting at their desk.
When connected to the VPN a user can:
- Send email through the PSU email server
- Remote control their desktop machine
- Access Network file shares
To request Access:
- Go to https://go.pittstate.edu/iss/vpn.menu/vpnacc.welcome
- Your supervisor will receive an email request, then will need to log into Gus to approve or deny access.
- You will receive an email when your account has been created.
The easiest way to install the VPN client and/or connect to the VPN is to:
- Browse to https://vpn.pittstate.edu
- Enter your seven digit PSU ID# and GusPIN
- If the VPN client is not installed or out-dated, it will install automatically then will automatically connect. Each time you connect the client will verify that it has the latest version. If prompted for an update, please allow the client to update.
This is an example of the screen you will see to download the client. Click Download and walk through the process.
Each time you connect the VPN client will verify that it is up to date. If prompted for an update please allow the client to update.
- Click on the Icon located on your desktop to launch Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Next you will see the log in screen
To log in you will use the same credentials you use to access GUS
Username is your 7 digit ID#
3. Now you can use most campus computing resources as if sitting at your desk.
If the client will not install automatically:
- Try a different web browser, IE will install using ActiveX, Firefox will install using JAVA. (IE install usually works with no additional software)
- You can manually download the installer here: https://vpn.pittstate.edu/+CSCOE+/logon.html
- Make sure you have internet access, you cannot use the VPN without first having internet access.
- Make sure you are using their 7 digit PSU ID number to log in.
- Make sure your password is correct by logging into GUS with the credentials.
- Try uninstalling the client "Cisco Anyconnect VPN client" and then try to re-install by going to: https://vpn.pittstate.edu
If you have questions or need any additional help, contact the Gorilla Geeks Help Desk