Policies and Procedures
Performance Management Process - Tips for Use
Following are some tips on how to use the on-line system.
* Do not ever use the "Back" button when you are in a GUS-based process. Use the GUS navigation/menu buttons on the left side of the page.
* Do not use the browser "print" button to print a review. Use the "Print This Page" button at the bottom of the page.
* To view a review with the electronic signature and date, use the "print preview" function.
* GUS has a 40-minute timeout function.
A new 40-minute session only starts or continues when you "Submit" or "Save as Draft" during the review session.
Typing in text in not acknowledged in GUS as a recognized function to start or continue a 40-minute session.
You should "Save as Draft" often if you are typing in text or have been interrupted while you are doing a review.
* If you have a lot of text or comments to make, type and proof them in Word, and use the "cut & past" function.
* You must "Save as Draft" or "Submit" a review before you use the "Print this Page" function.
* Until you "Submit" the final review, you must "Save as Draft" anytime you work on a review or just view a review. If you do not "Save as Draft," the review will be deleted.
* Employees must click the "Submit" button in the Employee Comments Section, even if they do not make comments. An electronic signature and date will not appear on the review if "Submit" is not clicked.
* Remember, employees only have seven (7) days to view and "Submit" a review on-line. Therefore, do not do a review if your employee is not at work and will return prior to the end of the 7-day period.
If you use the review system on-line and have a problem, please call HRS immediately.