LIFELINE is a voluntary, confidential, FREE, service that provides benefits eligible employees and their dependents with counseling and referral services. It is an employee benefit sponsored by HealthQuest, the State of Kansas employee health promotion program.
LIFELINE Program Offers Life Coaching Service
In addition to the personal counseling and referral services, the HealthQuest LIFELINE Employee Assistance Program offers a life coaching service for benefit eligible employees. The LIFELINE Coaching Program creates a partnership between the employee and coach designed to help the employee produce fulfilling results in their personal and/or professional life outside of the traditional “counseling” setting. The Coaching Program will help employees reach their goal in up to 6 telephone sessions in one of four areas:
1. Building sound relationships
2. Improving self-confidence
3. Strengthening your career
4. Managing Stress
Through the coaching process, individuals expand their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life. Individuals often find a coach useful when they are making a career transition, feeling dissatisfied, re-evaluating life choices, or simply looking to improve the quality of their personal or work life.
A good analogy is that of a Personal Fitness Trainer. When you go to the gym, the trainer will first ask you what your goals are, for example, build muscle, build endurance, lose weight, increase stamina, etc. After you have made your goals clear, the Trainer will then help you devise a plan of action to achieve your goal.
In a similar fashion, your LIFELINE Coach will encourage and motivate you, ask you questions and help you remove the barriers to achieve your goal. In the end, your LIFELINE Coach helps you achieve your goal quicker and more effectively than if you did it yourself.
How the LIFELINE Coaching Program Works
1. Register. Openings are available beginning in April - first-come, first-served.
2. A LIFELINE Coach will contact you and answer questions, describe the coaching process, and explain how the program works.
3. The Life Coaching forms you will need to completed.
4. You and your Coach will establish the dates and times of the coaching sessions. You will make the phone calls to the Coach for the second and subsequent sessions. Your coach will work with you to schedule sessions around your work times.
5. During each coaching session you and the LIFELINE Coach will discuss and explore progress toward your goal, challenges, opportunities for improvement, and agree to field work for the coming session. (Field work isn’t like homework you were assigned in school. It consists of action steps to help you move toward your goals.)
6. During each session, you create the agenda and the coach brings the coaching skills to create a partnership that results in achieving your goal.
7. This session format continues until you have determined that your goals have been reached or the six sessions have been used.
8. If you wish to continue past the six sessions, your LIFELINE Coach will help you select an ongoing Coach from the fee-based International Coaching Federation’s (ICF) Coach Referral Service.
9. Coaching is available to benefits eligible employees only, not their family members.
10. Enrollment is limited to 15 employees per month
Summary of CORE LIFELINE Employee Assistance Services
Call LIFELINE 1-800-284-7575 at any time, day or night 7 days a week for help handling life's stresses. State of Kansas benefits eligible employees and their dependent children can receive the following benefits:
1-4 face-to-face sessions (per issue) with an EAP counseling service for a wide variety of problems:
- Day-to-day stresses
- Depression and anxiety
- Major life traumas
- Problems with co-workers or supervisor
- Stress due to layoffs or furloughs
- Marital and family issues
- Drug and alcohol issues
The following services are also available:
- Elder care consultations with an elder care specialist
- Legal consultation with an attorney - one per year
- Financial consultations with a professional
- Extended benefit for employees and immediate family members for 6 months after any layoff action.
- Healthy Life Programs
- Life Coaching (employee only)
- Healthy Weight Program (employee and dependents)
Take advantage of this valuable employee benefit. For help with the day-to-day stressors of life, simply call LIFELINE at 1-800-284-7575 any time, day or night 7 days a week. That's all you need to do. Just pick up the phone. Your call with be completely confidential.