LIFELINE is a voluntary, confidential, FREE, service that provides benefits eligible employees and their dependents with counseling and referral services. It is an employee benefit sponsored by HealthQuest, the State of Kansas employee health promotion program.
Got a Pressing Legal Question?
Finding and retaining an attorney who can help with personal legal concerns can be a time-consuming, expensive undertaking. The LIFELINE legal consultation service can help by giving employees access to attorneys as a preventive tool for dealing with life’s legal issues before they cause major problems.
In order to provide the very best in legal assistance, Alternatives has developed a strategic partnership with an established national referral network of attorneys, Consolidated Legal Concepts Incorporated, to provide employees and their family members with one of the largest and most complete national and international network of fully credentialed attorneys in the industry. All attorneys in the network have a minimum of five years experience and are required to meet very stringent background requirements.
LIFELINE Program is a Great Resource
The plan covers a wide variety of occurrences including issues involving family and domestic law, wills, power of attorney, medical directives, motor vehicle questions, civil issues, criminal situations, elder law matters and estate planning. Note: employer-employee related issues such as employment law, workers compensation, and other human resource related issues are not covered. Key components of the LIFELINE legal service include:
- No charge telephone consultations, usually about 30 minutes, with an attorney who specializes in the area of the caller’s question, to answer general legal questions.
- Attorneys cover all 50 United States.
- All contact is confidential.
- If legal services beyond the initial consultation are necessary, the employee may choose to retain the consulting attorney at a 25% discount off their normal fee. Or the employee may select from any attorney in the network and receive the fee discount.
- Legal consultation services are available during regular business hours in all time zones, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- There is no limit on the number of different incidence of use during the year. The program is not designed to cover multiple consultations on the same issue.
- In addition to the legal service, one-on-one counseling support is always available from a LIFELINE EAP counselor for related concerns.
Easy to Use and Confidential
The HealthQuest LIFELINE legal consultation service is easy to use, just give LIFELINE a confidential call at 800-284-7575 and they'll have an attorney call you back.
Summary of CORE LIFELINE Employee Assistance Services
Call LIFELINE 1-800-284-7575 at any time, day or night 7 days a week for help handling life's stresses. State of Kansas benefits eligible employees and their dependent children can receive the following benefits:
1-4 face-to-face sessions (per issue) with an EAP counseling service for a wide variety of problems:
- Day-to-day stresses
- Depression and anxiety
- Major life traumas
- Problems with co-workers or supervisor
- Stress due to layoffs or furloughs
- Marital and family issues
- Drug and alcohol issues
The following services are also available:
- Elder care consultations with an elder care specialist
- Legal consultation with an attorney - one per year
- Financial consultations with a professional
- Extended benefit for employees and immediate family members for 6 months after any layoff action.
- Healthy Life Programs
- Life Coaching (employee only)
- Healthy Weight Program (employee and dependents)
Take advantage of this valuable employee benefit. For help with the day-to-day stressors of life, simply call LIFELINE at 1-800-284-7575 any time, day or night 7 days a week. That's all you need to do. Just pick up the phone. Your call with be completely confidential.