Location109 Whitesitt Hall
Fall and Spring SemesterMon - Thur 7:45am - 7:00pmFridays 7:45am - 4:30pm
Summer and Classes Not in SessionMon - Fri 7:45am - 4:30pm
Axe Library HoursMon - Thur 12:30pm - 6:00pmFridays 12:30pm - 4:30pmSundays 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Did you find this information helpful? If so, rate its quality!
Pittstate.edu E-Mail Creation
PSU's pittstate.edu e-mail is a convenient way to send and receive messages through your email account using a web browser and user-friendly graphical interface. It allows you to access your Pitt State email account from anywhere, anytime. If your PSU email account has never been created, you can follow these steps to create one.
1. Log into GUS (Gorilla User System) and select the Computer Accounts and Passwords link on the left-side navigation.
2. Users who have not had an email account created will have a link titled Create New PSU eMail Account under the E-Mail section. Select this link.
3. A new screen will appear where the password to the account will be created. Be sure to read and follow all the password rules. Read the E-Mail account policy and check the box to indicate you understand and will comply with the policy. Click the Create button.
If you do not get this screen, you have had an email account created in the past. You can reset your password on the Password Change screen or follow the instructions for resetting your password.
4. A new screen will appear with your PSU E-Mail address. You will also have an option to set your anti-spam preferences.
Note: OIS provides a method for email users to deal with email messages that appear to be spam. Incoming messages can be scanned and analyzed by software called PureMessage. This software uses a variety of methods and heuristics to try to determine if your email is spam. You have the ability to tag or quarantine messages that the product has determined to be spam. As always, delivery of spam is an ever-evolving and constantly changing process, so it can be difficult to stop and there are no perfect or fool-proof methods of filtering or identifying spam.
5. You can access your E-Mail account through a locally set up browser or Zimbra.More questions? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page by clicking here.