Because of the sensitivity related to sexual harassment incidents, the following procedures are used in such cases:
- When an administrator or a member of the PSU community is initially contacted by a person(s) about sexual harassment, the administrator/ PSU member should immediately contact Cindy Johnson, Director of Equal Opportunity.
- The Director will immediately/as soon as possible meet with the possible grievant to explain due process and confidentiality and to take the preliminary statement.
- The Director will, as soon as possible, schedule a meeting with the grievant(s) and the investigating panel (3 persons, 2 line-of-command administrators and the Director).
- The Director will inform the respondent about the allegations, due process, confidentiality, and prohibition about retaliation. The Director will schedule a meeting with the respondent and the investigating panel.
- The investigating panel will together hear all testimony, review material and, when needed, request witnesses. The investigating panel will make a finding(s). When necessary, the finding(s) will be discussed with the appropriate vice president and president.
- The Director will inform the grievant of the finding(s) and the recommendation(s) for resolution. The grievant may accept or not accept the recommendation(s). If the grievant accepts the findings, the matter will be concluded. If the grievant does not accept the recommendations(s), the grievant may proceed to step D of the Discrimination Grievance Procedure Process for Students and/or Classified and/or Unclassified Employees.
- If the Grievant accepts the findings, the Director will inform the respondent of the finding(s) and the recommendation(s) for resolution. Depending upon the recommendation(s), the Director will inform the respondent of his/her rights.