Pathways to PSU - Making College Attainable
Providing scholarships to deserving students is possibly the most important function performed by donors of the Pittsburg State University Foundation. In 2011, more than $2.5 million in scholarships were awarded to students attending PSU. Through the strategic planning process, we have identified the increase of privately funded scholarships as a priority - especially when considering the rising costs of educating a student and the state's response to increasing costs.
The PSU Foundation has begun a three-year campaign with a goal of raising $12 million in scholarship endowments to increase expendable private scholarship funding. The students targeted to qualify for these funds include:
- Transfer students, who are considering PSU after attending a two-year institution.
- High-achieving incoming freshmen, who typically don't receive as many scholarships as their junior and senior-level peers.
- Domestic students wishing to study abroad, who understand the value of international experiences.
- Juniors and seniors with 3.0-3.5 GPAs, who need additional scholarship support.
- Students with diverse ethnic backgrounds, who give PSU a well-rounded atmosphere and priceless multicultural exposure.
We encourage you to contact us to learn more about the Pathways to PSU campaign and about how you can make the difference in the life of a student.
Download Pathways to PSU brochure here.