All About On-Campus Employment
On-campus employment is a great option for many students looking for part-time employment. It certainly has its benefits.
Here are just a few:
- Flexible hours that will often work around your class schedule
- Diverse experiences you may not be offered elsewhere
- Responsibilities and skills that will look great on a resume
- Most jobs on-campus have a "regular" work day of 8am to 4:30pm
- Networking with professionals that could prove beneficial after graduation
There are, however, a few things to remember about on-campus employment:
- An undergrad must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) hours per semester to be employed on-campus
- A graduate student must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) hours per semester to be employed in a regular student employment position on-campus
- To be employed as a graduate assistant a graduate student must be enrolled in a minimum of nine (9) hours per semester
- University policy limits each student to 20 work hour per week while classes are in session
- International students should refer to this page for employment guidelines.
- Many offices are closed or in reduced force during periods when classes are not in session
- Some jobs are not limited to a "regular" work day . . . certain jobs require evening and/or weekend hours
- Remember to check Gorillas4Hire for the latest on-campus postings!