If you have been asked to write a reference for a candidate's credential file, there are two preferred methods:
Type your recommendation on the open or confidential recommendation sheet sent to you by the candidate. Please make sure the candidate has completed and SIGNED the top portion of the sheet before completing the following steps.
1. Open the recommendation text box link.
2. Scroll down and click on the yellow text box to type your appraisal. When you have completed your letter and are ready to print the reference sheet, place the recommendation sheet given to you by the candidate into your printer. Please make sure the sheet is placed in the printer correctly. You only get one sheet to print on!
3. Complete the bottom portion of the recommendation form. You must sign and date this form, or it will be mailed back to you.
Attach your own recommendation letter to the back of the recommendation sheet sent to you by the candidate.
1. Type your own recommendation letter.
2. Complete and sign the bottom portion of the recommendation form.
3. Send both your letter and the recommendation form to the Career Services office located at the address below.Career ServicesPittsburg State University1701 S. BroadwayPittsburg, KS 66762
Confidential Recommendations are closed and not to be seen by the candidate. If someone has sent you a confidential recommendation sheet, then please drop it by our office in 203 Horace Mann or send it directly to:Career Services
Please call the Career Services Office at (620) 235-4140 or stop by 203 Horace Mann.