Freshman Year Tips:
- Get to know your RA, your roommate and others in your residence hall.
- Get Organized. Become an expert on course requirements and due dates.
- Find the ideal place for you to study.
- Go to class (and hand in your assignments on time).
- Learn good stress management techniques and use them.
- Meet with your professors.
- Get to know your academic adviser.
- Get involved on campus.
- Make healthy choices if you choose to drink / party.
- Make time for you.
- Make connections with students in your classes.
- Stay healthy - get plenty of sleep, exercise and eat regular nutritious snacks & meals.
- Seek a balance in your academic, work, and social / partying life.
- Learn to cope with homesickness.
- Keep track of your money.
- Be prepared to feel overwhelmed. Talk with other students. You're not alone.
- Seek help at University Counseling when you need it.
Please contact Tambree Wilson- Student Coordinator email@example.com or J.T. Knoll at 620-235-4062 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or stop by our office - 105 lower level Overman.