Eta Eta Chapter
Alpha Sigma Alpha’s Chapter house stands at 1812 S. Broadway. The Chapter has thrived at PSU since 1920, producing some of the most outstanding women to have graduated from the University. Having the open motto of “Aspire, Seek, Attain” the women of Alpha Sigma Alpha have done just that. ASA members can be found in many student organizations, not just in the membership, but acting as the leaders in those organizations.
On November 15, 1901 Alpha Sigma Alpha was founded at Longwood College in Farmville, Virgina with the purpose to cultivate friendship among its members and in every way to create pure and elevating sentiments, to perform such deeds ant to mould such opinions as will tend to elevate and ennoble womanhood in the world, as written in the charter.
Alpha Sigma Alpha names the Speical Olympics as a national philanthropic project as well as the S. June Smith Center. The S. June Smith Center is a private non-profit agency providing early identification, education, training and therapy to infants and children with developmental disabilities. The center is named for Dr. S June Smith, a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha.
- Attain Chapter 2010
- First in Grades Spring '10
- Chapter Excellence Awards in Scholarship, Social Service, Membership/Recruitment, Campus Involvement, Alumnae Relations, Chapter Management, and Membership Development
- The Dangers of Alcohol & Parties
- Legal Issues: MIP, MIC, DUI
- Bystander Effect
- Risk Management - FIPG
- Be looking forward to formal recruitment Fall 2012! To sign up for formal recruitment, follow this link: Formal Recruitment Sign Up
- For more information on Spring 2012, please contact the Campus Activities Center at (620)-235-4795 or by email, email@example.com.
Date Nationally Founded: 1901
Date Locally Founded: 1920
Colors: Pearl White and Crimson
Flower: Narcissus and Aster
National Publication: The Phoenix
National Philanthropy: The S. June Smith Center and Special Olympics
Click here to register for Formal Fraternity Recruitment! Fraternity Recruitment Registration is now available!
Click here to register for Formal Sorority Recruitment! Sorority Recruitment Registration is now available! Click the link to register!
For more information contact the Campus Activities Center at (620)-235-4795 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org