Financial Assistance - Summer Session
To apply for 2015 Summer financial assistance you must:
Required enrollment for the following programs:
|Less than 1/2 time
Reasons for ineligibility:
- You will not be eligible for a loan if:
- You have already borrowed the annual maximum loan limits available for the academic year
- You have already met the aggregate maximum loan limits available for your degree program
- You must be meeting satisfactory academic progress standards; if credit hours are necessary to meet deficiencies from the fall/spring term, you are not eligible for summer assistance.
- Financial assistance will only be given for classes that meet between May 11, 2015 and July 24, 2015. If you are only enrolled for part of the term, your financial aid will be prorated based upon your enrollment.
- Financial aid will disburse on June 1, 2015 for enrollments in May only, May and June, June only, and June and July. If you are enrolled for the May intersession, you will need to come by the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to ask about a deferment in order to have the intersession fees paid out of your financial assistance for summer. If you are attending May and July, or the July session only, your financial aid will not disburse until July 1, 2015. You may file for a deferment of fees due in June for the July session.
- Consortium Agreements will not be accepted for the 2015 Summer term.
- Since your financial assistance will be based on your 2015 Summer enrollment, you must complete all of the classes for which you receive financial aid. If your enrollment changes, you are responsible for notifying the Office of Student Financial Assistance immediately! If you do not notify this office of any changes in your enrollment, you may be required to pay back a portion of funds received and will not be eligible for fall financial aid according to the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
- You must VERIFY YOUR ENROLLMENT ON-LINE through GUS before any financial aid will be disbursed. On-line verification for summer will begin May 20, 2015. You need to make sure you do not have any University holds on your account that will prevent verifying your enrollment and/or disbursing your funds.
- If your classes will be part of a Study Abroad Program, please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator in the Office of International Programs and Services at 620-235-4221 or in 118 Whitesitt Hall.
- If you have never borrowed a student loan at PSU and are borrowing a loan for the summer, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling on-line prior to your student loan being disbursed.