PSU AnyConnect VPN Client Installation
What You Will Need Before Connecting
- Approved VPN access
- Pittsburg State University GusPIN
- PC running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Mac OS X
- Web browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Internet Explorer
- Active Internet connection
Installing and Connecting with the PSU AnyConnect VPN Client
NOTE: You will need the Java Runtime Environment installed before you will be able to successfully install the AnyConnect client. You can download the JRE here.
- Point your browser to https://vpn.pittstate.edu
- Enter your GusPIN (ensure you use your full 7-digit ID) and click Login
- If you are prompted with a Java security warning, click Run.
The installer will run and install the VPN client onto your computer. After installation, you will see this message and you will be connected to the VPN. You should also see the AnyConnect icon in the system tray on a Windows PC or the dock and menu bar if you are on a Macintosh.
Sometimes the web-based installation may not be successful, and the installer will prompt you to download the offline installation executable. Simply click the link, save the file to your desktop, and double click it to install manually.
Disconnecting and Re-connecting to the PSU AnyConnect VPN Client
- To disconnect from the AnyConnect VPN client, right-click on the icon in the system tray or menu bar and click Disconnect.
- To re-connect at a later time, on a Windows PC, go to the Start menu and select the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. On a Macintosh, you will find the AnyConnect client located in /Applications/Cisco.
The AnyConnect client will prompt you for your GusPIN and you can reconnect by clicking Connect.
Upgrading the PSU AnyConnect VPN Client
The PSU AnyConnect VPN client will automatically check for updates every time you connect to the VPN. If updates are found, they will be downloaded and installed automatically. This process should take approximately 30 seconds. Once finished, you will be connected automatically.
If you require any help with installing and connecting your AnyConnect VPN client, contact the Gorilla Geeks help desk at 620-235-4600 or send an email to email@example.com.