2016 Doctors of Nursing Practice Commencement
Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to the newly approved DNP Program offered by the Irene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing at Pittsburg State University. We are very excited to have the opportunity to serve the region and beyond through provision of this important educational program.
The MSN to DNP and BSN to DNP programs educate advanced practice nurses who are prepared to provide health care to individuals, families, groups, communities and populations in a diverse, primarily rural environment. The program is designed to offer additional, optional preparation in nursing education as well. The School of Nursing continues to take applications for the MSN to DNP students with classes beginning June 2017. Applications are available in the Resources section on this page.
The School of Nursing will be taking applications beginning August 1, 2017, for the BSN to DNP program with courses beginning June 2018. Applications will be available on our website.
Dr. Cheryl Giefer, Director/Graduate Coordinator (click here to email)
Call 620-235-4431 for an appointment with a faculty advisor TODAY!
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Pittsburg State University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK PAGEPITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY IRENE RANSOM BRADLEY SCHOOL OF NURSING
This page provides resources for the growth and development of the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. The information reflects the contributions of many DNPs.
• Cheryl Giefer, PhDDirector, School of Nursing
• Kristi Frisbee, DNP
• Jennifer Harris, PhD
• Ashleigh Heter, DNP
• Amy Hite, DNP
• Karen Johnson, PhD
• Trina Larery, DNP
• Barbara R. McClaskey, PhD
• Mary Carol Pomatto, Ed.D., APRN-BCDean of College of Arts & Sciences / University Professor in the Irene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing
• Janis Schiefelbein, PhD
• MSN to DNP - 2017 Application
• See Curriculum section in the BSN to DNP Program Booklet or the MSN to DNP Program Booklet
• DNP - 2016-2017 Student Handbook
• Applying to Graduate School at PSU
• DNP Scholarly Project Guide and Manual (from Graduate and Continuing Studies website)
• DNP Scholarly Project Committee Approval Form
• DNP Scholarly Project Proposal Approval Form
• DNP Scholarly Project Approval Page
• "Submitting Your Thesis (Scholarly Project) into Digital Commons@PSU"
• Complete DNP Scholarly Project Written Dissemination Guidelines
• PSU Electronic Thesis Copyright Agreement
Back to the School of Nursing
Cheryl Giefer, PhD (contact) Director and University ProfessorIrene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing101B McPherson HallPittsburg State UniversityPittsburg, KS 66762-7514
Peggy Totman (contact) Senior Administrative SpecialistIrene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing101 McPherson HallPittsburg State UniversityPittsburg, KS 66762-7514
Phone: 620-235-4431 Fax: 620-235-4449