2016 Doctors of Nursing Practice Commencement
Thank you for your interest in applying for admission to the newly approved DNP Program offered by the Irene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing at Pittsburg State University. We are very excited to have the opportunity to serve the region and beyond through provision of this important educational program.
The MSN to DNP and BSN to DNP programs educate advanced practice nurses who are prepared to provide health care to individuals, families, groups, communities and populations in a diverse, primarily rural environment. The program is designed to offer additional, optional preparation in nursing education as well.
Applications are available in the Resources section on this page.
Dr. Karen Johnson, Graduate Coordinator.
Call 620-235-4431 for an appointment with a faculty advisor TODAY!
Pittsburg State University Irene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing is proud to announce accreditation was granted to the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program for 5 years extending to June 30, 2020. The accreditation action is effective as of October 17, 2016, which is the first day of the program's recent CCNE Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education on-site evaluation.
This page provides resources for the growth and development of the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree. The information reflects the contributions of many DNPs.
• Cheryl Giefer, PhDDirector, School of Nursing
• Kristi Frisbee, DNP
• Jennifer Harris, PhD
• Ashleigh Heter, DNP
• Amy Hite, DNP
• Karen Johnson, PhD
• Trina Larery, DNP
• Barbara R. McClaskey, PhD
• Mary Carol Pomatto, Ed.D., APRN-BCDean of College of Arts & Sciences / University Professor in the Irene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing
• Janis Schiefelbein, PhD
• MSN to DNP - 2018 Application
• BSN to DNP - 2018 Application
• See Curriculum section in the BSN to DNP Program Booklet or the MSN to DNP Program Booklet
• DNP - 2017-2018 Student Handbook
• Applying to Graduate School at PSU
• DNP Scholarly Project Guide and Manual (from Graduate and Continuing Studies website)
• DNP Scholarly Project Committee Approval Form
• DNP Scholarly Project Proposal Approval Form
• DNP Scholarly Project Approval Page
• "Submitting Your Thesis (Scholarly Project) into Digital Commons@PSU"
• Complete DNP Scholarly Project Written Dissemination Guidelines
• PSU Electronic Thesis Copyright Agreement
Check out our Facebook Page'PITTSBURG STATE UNIVERSITY IRENE RANSOM BRADLEY SCHOOL OF NURSING'
Back to the School of Nursing
Karen Johnson (contact) Graduate Coordinator and Assistant ProfessorIrene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing108 McPherson HallPittsburg State UniversityPittsburg, KS 66762-7514
Peggy Totman (contact) Senior Administrative SpecialistIrene Ransom Bradley School of Nursing101 McPherson HallPittsburg State UniversityPittsburg, KS 66762-7514
Phone: 620-235-4431 Fax: 620-235-4449