Skip header navigation
- Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Graduated PSU ROTC in 1965
- Masters from Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
- Also studied at Harvard University in the Program for Health Systems Management.
- Duty positions include 2LT to Captain as an Infantry Paratrooper.
- Served in US, Germany, and South Vietnam.
- Awards Include: Bronze Star, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry, Combat Infantrymen’s Badge, Army of Occupation Medal, Several US and Vietnamese Campaign Medals.
- Mr. Mathis has been charged with planning and directing the future of healthcare delivery in the U.S. He is a consultant on healthcare strategy and policy, a speaker on industry issues, and an author. Mr. Mathis was named one of the top twenty-five healthcare executives in the nation by Health Week.