Bachelor of Arts: Students complete a minimum of 32 hours in one language and 46-54 hours in General Education courses. A minor is required and may be completed in a second language or in some other field (Business Administration, Computer Science, English, History, Technology, etc.).
Bachelor of Science in Education: This program provides preparation and training for those interested in teaching French or Spanish at the elementary or secondary level. Students complete 32 hours in one language, 46-54 hours in General Education, and 35 hours in Professional Education courses. A minor is required and may be completed in a second language or in some other field (Biology, Computing, English, History, International Studies, Mathematics, Technology, etc.).
Master of Science in Secondary Teaching: The Department, in cooperation with the College of Education, offers a 15-hour language emphasis for degree candidates.
Information as listed in the current PSU Catalog
- Undergraduate Degrees and Requirements
- Undergraduate Programs - Bachelor, Associate degree and Certificates
- Requirements for All Baccalaureate Degrees & Dual Degrees
- Writing to Learn Requirement
- Requirements for the Associate Degree
- General Education Policy
- General Education Requirements
- Requirements for All Baccalaureate Degrees
- Students Preparing to Teach Elementary School
- Students Preparing to Teach Secondary School
- General Education Philosophy and Goals for all Baccalaureate Degrees
- Admission to the University - New Freshman, Transfer Students, Non-Degree Seeking Students, Guest Students, and New Undergraduate International Students
- Enrollment Policies
- Academic Policies and Regulations - also includes links to information about Honor Programs, related enrollment and course information, and required courses for Freshman