2012-2013 News and Announcements
- PSU Chemistry is happy to announce that in collaboration with the Kansas Polymer Research Center (KPRC) they have received funding from the State of Kansas to develop new degrees in Polymer Chemistry.
- Dr. Charles J. Neef joined PSU Chemistry this Fall 2012 semester. We are happy to welcome him as comes to us from Texas State University, San Marcos, TX. Dr. Neef is a polymer chemist, whose research interests include electroactive polymers for biosensors and energy storage devices applications.
- As a result and development of the Polymer Chemistry initiative, two additional polymer chemists have been hired to develop the curriculum for the new programs in polymers and subsequently teach courses. Their positions will be unique in the Chemistry Department in that they will have a 50% research agenda and 50% teaching assignment. Dr. Ram Gupta will arrive on campus during January 2013. Dr. Santimukal Santra will be here in April of 2013.
- To make room for new faculty arriving this year, the chemistry faculty offices will be remodeled during Spring 2013 semester. Chemistry faculty will move over the holiday break into offices in Whitesitt Hall. They will remain in Whitesitt throughout the Spring 2013 semester, although Chemistry laboratory classes will continue to meet in Heckert-Wells Hall. Faculty should be moving back into Heckert-Wells at the close of the spring semester.
- Dr. Dixie Smith became Chemistry Interim Chair for the academic year 2012-2013. She is from PSU Biology and will be assisting with department activities and representing the faculty this year.