Share page: 

Teacher Licensing Contact

Amanda Hill
PSU Educational Licensing Officer

Phone:  620-235-6153
Office:  Hughes 110

Program Completer Applying to a State Other than Missouri or Oklahoma

If you are a PSU graduate or program completer and wish to apply for initial licensure/certification in any other state, you will need to Google the name of the state in which you wish to apply followed by "State Department of Education" and when you find the link, look for "licensure" or "certification," and then more specifically for information concerning out-of-state applicants.  All web sites are different and some are easier to navigate than others.

The Kansas State Department of Education also has a link on its web site to the Departments of Education in all 50 states and the District of Columbia but the site is not always updated in a timely manner and so some of the web addresses may become invalid.

If you are a PSU graduate or program completer applying for licensure/certification in another state and need a "recommendation" or "verification" of program completion for that state, please send the necessary form to the following mailing address:

Teacher Licensing

Pittsburg State University

1701 South Broadway

Pittsburg, KS 66762

or if allowed, you may fax your form to 620-235-4421.  Although your form may be processed sooner, please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing.  If not provided on the form you send, please provide a telephone number or e-mail address where we may contact you should we need to do so.  The "recommendation" or "verification" form will be returned to you unless we are instructed to mail it directly to the Department of Education in the state in which you are seeking licensure/certification.

If you have questions concerning a PSU "recommendation" or "verification" of program completion for another state, please contact PSU Teacher Licensing by e-mail at or telephone at 620-235-6153.