Advanced Programs Professional Knowledge Base
*This indicator has been identified as representing a disposition.
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which reflect a commitment to a dependable and professional demeanor.
- Acts with integrity and fairness in an ethical manner*
- Demonstrates commitment to life-long learning
- Participates in ongoing professional development
- Demonstrates professional behavior*
- Sets priorities through self-motivation and self-direction
- Maintains confidentiality at all levels*
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which promote effective communication.
- Utilizes multiple collaborative strategies necessary in developing effective learning opportunities for all
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Adapts to a variety of unique cultural and ethnic communication styles*
- Practices effective interpersonal skills that enhance communication*
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which exhibit leadership competencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to make decisions based upon data and input from stakeholders
- Adheres to ethical and professional standards
- Transforms ideas into action through effective team building
- Utilizes a variety of problem-solving strategies and possesses strong critical thinking abilities
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time efficiently
Instruction and Assessment
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which reflect advocating, nurturing and sustaining best practices and multiple assessments.
- Possesses pedagogical knowledge relevant to specific disciplines
- Provides for instructional variation and integration with other disciplines
- Establishes goals and expectations that lead to effective learning
- Inspires all learners to develop self confidence and competence*
- Demonstrates specialized preparation in specific area of study
- Differentiates instruction appropriately for specific needs of learners*
- Expects all students will achieve full potential and attain individual success*
- Evaluates student knowledge and performance by using multiple methods of assessment
- Utilizes assessment outcomes to develop instruction that meets the needs of all students*
- Adheres to ethical and unbiased assessment practices*
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which provide equitable learning opportunities for all.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to community and cultural norms*
- Values students and encourages them to value self and others*
- Promotes a bias free learning environment*
- Believes in and encourages the success of all learners*
- Appreciates individual variation and shows respect for the diverse talents of all learners*
- Responds appropriately to larger political, social, economic and cultural issues through global awareness*
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which enhance the integration of technology within the educational environment.
- Maximizes learning by using technology
- Enhances the educational environment through technology
- Implements various instructional technology strategies
- Tailors appropriate technology strategies to a specific content area
The educator will demonstrate specific attitudes, values, beliefs and behaviors which implements effective research within the educational environment.
- Uses existing educational research to inform and guide practice
- Maintains ethical standards in both conducting and applying educational research*
- Identifies and solves problems by making decisions based upon accepted theory and research