Application Materials for Substance Abuse Services or Case Management
The following options require completion of an application process and admission to the program/degree:
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Substance Abuse Services
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Case Management
- Minor in Substance Abuse Services
Admission to the above programs in the department requires that students submit the following:
- Department Application and Non-Refundable Application Fee of $40.00 payable to Department of Psychology and Counseling:
Once the student has been accepted, additional fees are required to cover the cost of criminal background checks. The student's acceptance status will be considered "conditional" until the fees have been paid and the criminal background check has been completed.
- Domestic students with one last name - no additional fees.
- Domestic students who have more than one last name (maiden name, married names, nicknames or other names used) - $18.00 per last name.
- International students - must pay the actual cost of the criminal background check for the student's specific country (see attached International Criminal History Pricing document for specific details)
- Consent for Release of Criminal Background Check
- Personal Statement of Career Goals (Describing your background, professional/ educational goals, and specific program area of interest at PSU)
- Three completed Professional Recommendation Forms (At least one reference should be from a teacher or academic advisor who can speak on behalf of your academic performance. References from friends, relatives, ministers, personal physicians, and personal counselors are not acceptable. References from employers, teachers, or academic advisors are preferred.)
Application deadlines are Summer or Fall Admission, March 1, and Spring Admission, October 1.
All students must submit a separate application for fieldwork prior to the semester of enrollment. Applications are available in the Department of Psychology and Counseling Office. Application deadlines for fieldwork are as follows: Summer or Fall Enrollment, March 1; and Spring Enrollment, October 1.