Dr. James Truelove
Phone: (620) 235-4518 Fax: (620) 235-4520
Pittsburg State University was founded with education at its heart. Originally the Auxiliary Manual Training Normal School in 1903 and later the Kansas State Teachers College in 1913, Pittsburg State has developed caring, committed professionals throughout the years.
The College of Education is made up of three departments:
Hughes Hall is the main home of the College of Education. The building is named after the former University President Rees H. Hughes (1941-1957), and houses the Dean's Office as well as the Department of Teaching and Leadership.
Whitesitt Hall is home to the Department of Psychology and Counseling. Located on the main oval of the PSU campus, Whitesitt Hall also houses many other University departments and programs.
The Student Recreation Center opened in 2008. A joint venture between the Kansas National Guard and Pittsburg State University, the SRC is a first-class facility for student recreation as well as home to the Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation.