The Student Recreation Center (SRC) is for the fitness, wellness and recreational needs of the Pittsburg State University Students. Currently Faculty, Staff, Retired members of the Pittsburg State University family and their spouses are also eligible for facility access with a paid membership fee.
Memberships are non-refundable and are canceled once affiliation with PSU has expired.
For purpose of membership to the SRC, individuals will be defined as students, faculty/staff, retired or spouse based upon the criteria listed below:
Student: All students that are enrolled in the current semester.
Student Spouse: Spouse of currently enrolled student.
Faculty, Staff and Retired
- Benefits Eligible staff
- Part-time and/or temporary staff (that have verified employment)
- Retired Staff - status will be verified by the president’s office or with the HRS
- Spouse of the listed above positions.
If you meet one of these criteria, download and complete the Membership Application (pdf format) and bring it to the SRC. Please note there are two pages to this application, both pages need to be completed and payment submitted prior to membership being activated.
Student: Membership included with paid tuition. $50 annually for spouse (Staff enrolled in classes are not classified as students for membership purposes):
Faculty and Staff Membership: $100 annually, $100 annually for spouse (Any staff member that receives a pay-check from PSU):
Retired Faculty and Staff: $50 annually, $50 Annually for spouse (Payment by Cash or Check paid at SRC Welcome Center)
Summer non-student access: $15 for students not enrolled, but are currently enrolled in the upcoming fall semester.
Types of Payment
Payroll Deduction: Payroll deduction is only available for benefit eligible faculty/staff and spouses. All other staff must pay in cash or check at the SRC Welcome Center. Payroll deduction will be two payments based on amount authorized to deduct. The first one will be the second paycheck in Sept. and the other will be the second paycheck in Feb. Deadline to enroll in payroll deduction is August 26, 2011.
Cash or Check: Payments at the SRC welcome center
SRC members may host non-members by purchasing a daily guest pass. Guest passes are available at a daily rate of $5.00. Cash or Check are the only types of payment accepted. The following are guidelines for guests:
- A member may host no more than 2 guests per day, not per visit.
- Guest must be at least 16 years of age to access the SRC.
- Guest passes may be purchased by the host at the SRC front desk.
- Host’s membership will be validated before being allowed to purchase a guest pass.
- Guests will be required to show picture identification and sign a liability release upon entering the facility.
- A guest pass is valid on the date of purchase only.
- If the information provided on the guest pass is found to be misrepresented in any way, the sponsoring member’s facility privileges may be affected (up to and including loss of membership privileges).
- The host must accompany the guest while using the facility. Guests are not allowed to use the facility if the sponsoring member is not present.
- Hosts and their guests are responsible for compliance with all facility policies. Failure to do so will result in loss of guest privileges.
- Guests are not eligible to participate in intramural sports or group exercise programs.
- A guest cannot host another guest.
- A guest cannot check out equipment.
All policies and fees are subject to change