PSU/KNEA Member Benefits
What Can PSU/KNEA Do for You?
- Work for quality education at PSU.
- Continue to advocate for faculty rights.
- Negotiate for fair employment practices.
- Work to ensure academic freedom and other fundamental concepts of the profession.
- Bargain for fair rates of compensation.
- Bargain for the ‘unit’ in contract negotiations for all things considered ‘conditions of employment’.
- Publicly defend and represent the faculty, assisting the ‘unit’ in grievance issues. We sincerely hope that you will not have need of this service.
- It is the professional teacher's organization.
- Because you, like KNEA, want quality schools for all ages and levels.
- We can also assist with obtaining legal advice and provide an attorney-referral program for non-job related issues.
- For all the reasons above and so much more.
Did You Know?
- All faculty promotion dollars and contractual travel funds are negotiated by PSU-KNEA.
- The negotiation of intellectual property rights was protected in a case argued by PSU-KNEA at the Kansas Supreme Court.
- Moving PSU faculty salaries from the lowest in the state system to number 4 is the result of PSU-KNEA bargaining.
- A grievance procedure where faculty can make their case to peers is the result of PSU-KNEA bargaining.
NEA/KNEA Member Benefits provides a wide range of programs that help improve the overall quality of life for members and their families. From affordable insurance and secure investments, to advance technology and convenient, accessible credit, NEA/KNEA Member Benefits programs can help members get significantly more out of life and their hard-earned dollars. Benefits include:
- Life Insurance Programs
- Health and Disability Insurance Programs
- Casualty Insurance
- Savings and Investment Programs
- Credit Programs
- Special Discount Programs
- Loan Programs
- Member Education Guides
- NEA/KNEA Attorney Referral Program
- We provide liability insurance protection plus access to specially trained staff and KNEA attorneys should you ever find yourself with job-related legal trouble.
- KNEA's Access to Savings Plan offering a variety of discounts and savings opportunities at business across the state and region.
- NEA DUES-TAB® Insurance. Provides up to $1,000 of FREE life insurance coverage and up to $5,000 of accidental death and dismemberment coverage to eligible members. All at no cost to the NEA member.