PSU Class of 1966 Half-Century Reunion Schedule of Events
THURSDAY, MAY 5th
2-4 pm CUSTOMIZED TOURS OR ACTIVITIES
Begin at Wilkinson Alumni Center. Let us know what we can do to customize your reunion by scheduling a walking tour of campus, departmental tour, meet/tour sorority/fraternity, etc.
Please see the tour locations that are scheduled for Friday afternoon as well.
4:30-5:00 pm CHECK-IN & SOCIAL
Bicknell Family Center for the Arts, 1711 S. Homer, Pittsburg, KS
5:00-9:00 pm COCKTAILS, PROGRAM, DINNER & DANCE
Bicknell Family Center for the Arts, for the Class of 1966 and their guests and others.
- Enjoy dinner while you get re-acquainted and reminisce with classmates.
- "Those Were the Days," by Steve Cox, Curator of Special Collections.
- Live Music by Jon Sherman & The Gass Company
FRIDAY, MAY 6th
8:30 am BREAKFAST
Crossland Family University House
10:00 - 11:30am FREE TIME
- Explore Pittsburg
- Shop at the University Bookstore
- Attend Military Commissioning - 10 a.m.
11:30 am CHECK-IN
Wilkinson Alumni Center
Noon HALF-CENTURY INDUCTION CEREMONY & LUNCHEON
Overman Student Center, Crimson & Gold Ballroom
- Emcee, Jon Bartlow, PSU Alumni Association Executive Director
- Welcome President Steve Scott
- Recognition of current Half-Century Club members
- Induction of the Class of 1966 into the PSU Half-Century Club; receive 50-year medallion from President Steve Scott
Additional guests will include previously inducted members of the Half-Century Club, deans, vice presidents, faculty & staff.
1:30-2:00 pm CLASS PICTURE
Russ Hall marble stairs
***Anyone not going on the bus tour of campus will be transported back to the Wilkinson Alumni Center following the class picture. The bus will leave from Russ Hall.
2-3:30 pm GUIDED BUS TOUR OF CAMPUS AND PITTSBURG with stops and private tours of:
- Robert W. Plaster Center
- Weede Athletic Complex
- Bicknell Family Center for the Arts
- Veterans Memorial Amphitheater
3:30-4:30 pm SOCIAL TIME AND REFRESHMENTS
Wilkinson Alumni Center
Bus transportation will be provided from the Wilkinson Alumni Center at 5 p.m. for those participating in the commencement ceremony at the Weede Building.
4:30 pm CLASS OF 1966 participating in commencement meet in the Weede Gymnastics Room 163 (northeast corner, ground level) to receive regalia and prepare for the processional. (Be sure to wear your medallion.) Spouses and guests are invited to sit in a reserved section in John Lance Arena and will meet in this same location.
4:50 pm CLASS OF 1966 line up to march in commencement; Family escorted to special seating.
5:00-6:00 pm 2016 PSU SPRING COMMENCEMENT
Bus transportation provided to the Alumni Center parking lot following event.
Class of 1966
Current Half-Century Club Members
Thursday Night Dinner/Dance or
If you are NOT a member of the class of 1966 and would like to attend the Thursday Night Dinner and Dance or the Half-Century Luncheon, please click below for online registration.