National Merit Scholarship
- Must be a National Merit/Achievement finalist. This involves taking the PSAT test the fall of your Junior year in high school and the SAT subsequently.
- Declare Pittsburg State University as your first choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Enroll at PSU the first semester after high school.
- Award amount: $1,000 minimum; up to $2,000 if you demonstrate financial need. Nonresident students also receive a full out-of-state tuition waiver.
Application procedure: Contact your high school guidance counselor for additional information.