- Schedule a campus visit. Campus visits are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Simply call 1-800-854-PITT (7488). We also offer specialized visit events throughout the year.
- Submit the Application for Admission and Scholarships online and pay the $30 application fee. The PSU scholarship application priority deadline is February 1st.
- Register for the ACT and have your scores sent to PSU (our school code is 1449). Remember, taking the ACT twice may increase your score and improve your scholarship opportunities. Click here for ACT test dates and other information.
- Have your high school transcript mailed or faxed (620.235.6003) to Pitt State anytime after your junior year. Applications for scholarships will not be considered unless a partial transcript is on file by February 1. A final official high school transcript showing graduation date will be needed to complete your admission file.
- If you have taken college coursework, have your college or university transcripts mailed directly to Pitt State.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as soon after January 1 as possible.
- Complete the online University Housing contract in February.
- Watch for information on Pitt C.A.R.E.S (orientation and enrollment for new students). The registration will be sent in April to Freshmen who have been admitted to PSU.
If you have earned 24 or more credit hours after graduating from high school, you are considered a transfer student. Please refer to the Admission Checklist for New Transfers.
Wondering if there is still time to apply for admission? Pittsburg State offers "rolling admission" meaning you can complete the application process anytime throughout the year.